Friday, September 16, 2011

Rudeness everywhere

Okay, so I'm taking a deep breath before I start writing....

Now...

I try to be nice. I try to think of others before myself. I try to be the better person in a situation. But, I'm starting to think that I might just give being one of the rude people a try. I have quite a few pet peeves. I'm starting to figure out that most of them would fall under the categories of "rudeness", "inconsideration", and "nosiness".  Here are some examples:

A co-worker and I were talking a moment ago. I was giving her some important information that she needed. Another co-worker was crossing the room and decided that she needed to interrupt me to put in some useless information about the situation. I continued talking over the rude co-worker only to have to eventually shout out the name of the first co-worker to get everyone to shut up. Had the interrupter just kept her big mouth shut, she would have realized that her input was useless and that she looked like a fool for blurting it out. One of my other co-workers does a similar thing by coming in on conversations I'm having with someone else. She will stand there and go "what?" and "who?" and even start making up these strange parts of the story in hopes that we'll say "yes" to get her in on the conversation. Believe me, if I want you in on a conversation, I will include you. If you are not included, there may be a reason.

I know someone who does this weird talky thing. I can't tell if she is saying something to me, talking to herself, or talking to her imaginery friend. Most times it's to me while I'm focused on something important. I've gotten good at mindlessly saying "oh really?", "mmm, really?", and "I hear ya".

I have a co-worker who each morning will ask me how I'm doing. Before I can even start to tell her, she butts in and tells me the this and thats or what happened to her last night. Pretty obvious she didn't really want to know what was going on with me, but instead, wanted the open door to talk about herself.

Then there other people out in the world pissing me off. The person who can't wait until I bag my groceries in the U Scan aisle before they start ringing up their stuff, sending it crashing into my groceries as I try to bag them. One day I'm going to start putting their stuff in my bags too and just keep on walking. Or, maybe I'm most peeved at the people who think that they are so important that they must walk side-by-side on the sidewalk or in the hallway as they chatter, forcing you to have to either stop or go out of your way to avoid their running you over. No, I think it's the person who keeps on sitting at my desk at work and messing with my stuff and leaving crap on it or using my personal stuff to scribble on while I'm not at work or simply in the potty. Gee...so many people to be pissed off at. I'll need another lifetime to get it all in.

Happy Friday, everyone!!!